Overseas Institutional Visits
DEADLINE: 30 NOVEMBER 2016
Competition for Overseas Institutional Visits (OIV) scheme is now open. Students are invited to apply to visit a Higher Education institution or a research organisation abroad. The OIV scheme is intended to support and encourage the international engagement of eligible ESRC-funded students. The Scheme funds an extension to the studentship of up to 13 weeks, plus travel and subsistence costs as determined by the Bloomsbury DTC.
The scheme is a great opportunity to:
- undertake additional specialist research training not available in the UK;
- develop language skills;
- establish research links that will be beneficial to their current or future academic career;
- disseminate early research findings;
- attend and participate in seminars which are directly relevant to their research
Which students are eligible?
ESRC-funded students at the Bloomsbury DTC who are in the +3 (or equivalent) element of their studies. The OIV may not be undertaken during the first three months or final three months of the +3 studentship period.
Which overseas institutions?
This must be a Higher Education institution, or an organisation with a substantive research reputation, and be based outside of the United Kingdom.
You must complete the Application for OIV form below and provide supporting documentation:
- Your Case for Support
- Confirmation of support from your supervisor
- Confirmation of support from the host institution
Please ensure you have read the Guidance Notes before applying.
The closing date for this round of funding is 30 November 2016. All documents must be sent to the DTC Administrator, Issy Jerome email@example.com by this date.
Check out examples of other students’ Overseas Institutional Visits.